All right, I’ve finished most of Winter 2012 (I count the start of year from Winter by the way). And, um, I’m not sure where to start so I guess I’ll make it point by point for each series.
Winter 2012, finished:
- Amagami SS Plus: delivered what it needed to deliver. Mostly just as expected.
- Ano Natsu de Matteru: Trollemon FTW. The whole thing was beautiful. Didn’t disappoint – at least as good as Toradora.
- Another: not enough horror but thrilling enough. Also, Misaki Mei <3
- Black Rock Shooter: Emo everywhere – more than expected. Played well enough it compensated the fail that is its OVA.
- Brave 10: didn’t deliver enough. Barely okay, I guess.
- Daily Lives of High School Boys: awesome. A bit late into the series (should’ve watched when the Preview first released) but surely didn’t expect this one.
- High School DxD: nice ending. Pretty good (fanservice) overall. Managed to not fail – which is a feat considering its genre, I guess.
- Inu x Boku SS: Ririchiyo-sama~ Also, Karuta-chan.
- Kill Me Baby: lightweight comedy. Pretty stable until the end.
- Nisemonogatari: more like Fanservistory. Hoped :talks:, got ’em. Hoped fanservice, got more than expected. Especially that tooth-brushing scene. Need more Nadeko. Poor coverage of Tsukihi. Not sure how much was it but pretty sure not quite balanced.
- Papakiki: this illustration alone made it worth the effort. There’s also Aoki Ume one (the top picture) but didn’t get posted. Weird balance between story and fanservice. Still not sure who their target audience was. Well, at least me, I guess.
- Rinne no Lagrange: see you again in Summer! Pretty awesome, I must say.
- Zero no Tsukaima F: another Kugimin series came to end ;_; The ending was well-done. There were hiccups here and there but overall not too bad. Brings nostalgia back.
Winter 2012, ongoing:
- Area no Kishi: yeah, I’m watching football animu. Not too bad though I still prefer Giant Killing (especially since it’s actually targeted for my age range).
- Mouretsu Pirates: Fun. Need more Chiaki though.
- New Prince of Tennis: As absurd as ever. But fun things are fun so it can’t be helped. Oh and the ending song is a bit addictive.
- Senki Zesshou Symphogear: Mizuki Nana o/ Also unexpectedly good albeit the weird start. Episode 12 was wat-worthy though with suddenly everyone.
- Smile PreCure!: My first try into PreCure series. Not bad so far.
Fall 2011, finished:
- Bakuman S2: another season of Bakuman. Just as expected. Next season looks like going to be boring since the focus won’t be rivalry with Niizuma.
- Chihayafuru: Need more Chihaya. Another season is welcome.
- Guilty Crown: the series everyone love to hate. The ending tied up everything but I guess the initial pain was dragged on for too long.
- Persona 4: I don’t play the game but I guess the anime is okay. Still need to see the True Ending which is few months away.
- Shakugan no Shana Final: hell yeah.
Fall 2011, ongoing:
- Gundam AGE: seeing different generations in single series sure feels weird. In good way. Hopefully will get nice closure for this generation.
- Hunter x Hunter (2011): nostalgia aside, it sure is good. Should catch up the manga again once of these days.
- Mirai Nikki: sure is yandere. Mind-blowing conclusion, merciless killings. Satisfied this far.
- Phi Brain: got better after the actual plot started. Much better.
So, yeah. There they are. I sure watched quite a bit. Next (this) or following (next) season will probably the last season I can follow this amount of series.